Address: The Community Centre, 42 Crouch Hill, London, N4 4BY
social care, child care, nursing care, disability support, disability care, child care support
Special People was formed by a teacher who has a child with special needs in response to the difficulties she experienced in finding appropriate, high quality childcare, especially at short notice.
Special People works exclusively with children and young people with a wide variety of special needs. We have staff experienced in working with children who have nursing needs, who present with challenging behaviours, who require specific input such as physiotherapy or speech and language therapy or who are merely in need of stimulation.
Special People believe that children and adults with and without disabilities should enjoy an equal place in an inclusive environment. We believe that everyone should be enabled to interact, drawing strength from each other's differences and similarities. We believe that the users of education, social and health services need to be given every opportunity to communicate to ensure their participation in decision-making.
Aims and Objectives
• To provide support and information to both the children and their parents/carers.
• To help each child reach their full potential.
• To match an appropriately qualified carer with the needs of the individual child.
• To provide a safe, fun and stimulating environment for children in our care.
• To offer advocacy for people in need.